Pages

28 May 2009

50th Wedding Anniversary Card

Hi everyone!!! Yes, I've been MIA the past few days, I admit it. Well, I've been pretty busy around the house and making requested cards for friends. Last Sunday I was able to sell 2 cards (I think those two were just recently posted here) and my churchmate really liked them!

Anyway, onto the card. This one was requested by our Pastor's wife. She asked me to make her a 50th Wedding Anniversary card to be given to her Aunt. This is my first time to make such card and I thank the "gold" colour for making it easier for me, LOL! I mean , at least, I didn't need to think what colour to be used with what. :) So, after some internet searching for some inspiration, I finally put my ideas into a card:




The scripture is from ODBD Scripture Collection 1. I brought my ODBD stamp set to church last Sunday just so to show them that I already have a scripture stamp set! And our Pastor's wife told me to use this particular verse for the Golden Anniversary card.

I stamped the ODBD onto Very Vanilla cs with Versamark and heat-embossed it with Hologram Gold ep (by Celebrations of Australia), cut it with my Spellbinders' Labels 2, and matted it onto a pearlascent Old Gold cs which was also cut with a bigger Spellbinders' Labels 2 die. I used Antique Cream Mist for the base which is really nice IRL, followed by the Old Gold cs, then with another Very Vanilla. I also cut a piece of the Antique Cream Mist (for the horizontal panel) and embossed it with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I punched 3 Old Gold hearts for the 3 corners and finished it off with number 50 on the bottom right which was cut using Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet die.

What do you think?? =)




Stamp/s: Scripture Collection 1- ODBD

Inks/s: Versamark, unknown Old Gold ink

Papers: Antique Cream Mist cs, Pearlascent Old Gold cs, SU! Very Vanilla

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels 2, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet dies, heat gun, Hologram Gold ep (Celebrations of Australia), hear punch, pop dots


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Jhet, This looks very elegant. I love the gold touch. Great Job!!! Bec xx

    ReplyDelete

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin