03 July 2009

TWO CARDS for WT225 {Corrugated Board} and Copic Creations Challenge

Happy Friday everyone! We're having a wind blowing so strong here atm and it's sooooo cold!!!! It's Friday and it's our Bible study day but we will not be able to attend tonight because my 2 sons are having fever and hubby isn't feeling well, too. DS1 Jared has been sick since Wed night while Jhetro started with the fever last night. I know it's the time of the year here when flu is just around every corner. I had Jared checked last night by the doctor 'coz I was worried about the swine flu going around but we were assured that he isn't on a high risk status and true indeed that flu is very common especially this winter. WE just pray that these 2 gorgeous kids of mine will feel better soon. It's hard when someone is sick in the family, let alone the 2 kids.

Anyways, on to the card that I made. The WT225 challenge over SCS is to use a corrugated board on your card. This first card that I'm going to show to you was the one I made last night. I used the Darkroom Door flower from Full Bloom Collection on this one.

I cut the corrugated board using my Labels 1 then inked the edges with Old Olive and alternately inked the raised part of the board. I then directly stamped my sentiment (Clearly Wordsworth) onto my card base, stamped my image onto a Kraft stash, coloured with Purely Pomegranate ink using my Aqua pen, cut it out then adhered it to the corrugated board using pop dots. Well, I've been experiencing some "firsts" lately with regards to stamping and cardmaking. :) In this card, it's my first time to colour an image using the ink itself with the Aqua pen/brush. I haven't done that before and I liked how it turned out! I'm sure a lot of you had done it a lot of times but for me, it's my first! LOL!

Anyway, I enjoyed this particular challenge that's why I made another card for it!! This time I used Tilda which is another RAK image from Bec. This is also my very first participation to the Copic Creations Challenge! Yay! And this week's challenge is "Brunette Hair!" To make the story short, I coloured Tilda's hair to make it look brunette. :)

Check it out:
I'm not really good in using Copics and I've just a few numbers of it atm. But with this one, I tried to blend similar colours together. I found out that I have 4 colours that are closely related to each other (a pair each) and so I tried blending them and it somehow turned okay.

The flowers were all white and I just coloured them with the same colours that I used with Tilda to complement each other. That comes so handy, eh? I made Tilda sit onto the ...fence (?)...or this maybe a sort of a hill, LOL! Not sure though, but the most important thing there is that she's sitting onto something! hahaha! I inked the edges if of the corrugated board with Choc Chip and put some flowers here and there. I used random sizes of flowers as well as random sizes of the Kaiser pearl in chocolate.
Here's a closer look at Tilda :

I went over Tilda's wings and the flowers with Copic Spica glitter pen (clear) but it's not very obvious in the photos taken, but looks real good IRL.

So, what do you think? :D

Gotta make some dinner now. I'll try my best to make another card tonight with the limited supply challenge for this week.

Have a blessed day to y'all!



29 June 2009

CC224 Tilda with Sparkling Orange Rose!

Hi everyone! How are y'all? I've been sneezing all day so I will just make this post quick and short. I'm a week behind (as always, LOL!) with the Colour Combo challenge in SCS but it's better late than never! The colour combo is really challenging (Brilliant Blue, Only Orange {for Tangerine Tango} and Summer Sun)and I couldn't help but play.

Here's my card:

Initially, I wanted to use a dp instead of the Summer Sun cs on the background but thought it would be too loud to look at. So, I went with Summer Sun, adhered a scalloped die-cut Only Orange in the middle then embossed with Cuttlebug Bloom Dots embossing folder. But before embossing it, I stamped the sentiment first (from Studio G).

I coloured my image with Prisma pencils and I went over the flower with Copic Spica glitter pen in orange. Here's a close-up:

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think. :) I also finished another project.....and I'm excited to share it with you but I haven't taken a pic of it yet. I'll just post it tomorrow after I'm done with all my household chores. :)

God bless us all!




Blog Widget by LinkWithin