Pages

13 January 2009

Sharing my Day and Featured Stamper 101

Hi all! I'm a bit tired as our family went out and had a train ride to the city. We rode a train because my DS2 Jhetro loves trains and he's never been on a train ride before so hubby and I decided last night that we'll have a family day out the next day. Jhetro enjoyed it and you can really see the joy in his eyes. Did I tell you before that he really likes Thomas the Tank Engine? That's the very reason why he loves trains. I know I haven't shown photos of my family yet, so here are some shots taken today.

Here are my 2 boys, Jared is my eldest and Jhetro is the Thomas the Tank Engine fan. :) Can you see the excitement on his face while waiting for the train to arrive?

A closer shot of them ;-)

Here's the three of us. Hubby didn't get the chance to join us as he's the one taking photos. :)

Jhetro inside the train. Isn't he cute?

Another shot of Jhetro while munching his favourite Milo Nestle cereal. (yeah, he likes it more than he likes Doritos, lol!)



When we got home, I just cooked dinner and finished the card which I'm about to show to you then after that, hubby and I organised our laundry room (so you thought it's craft room..lol! I only have a crafting space and I'll show it to you one of these days). That's why I really feel exhausted and to think it's already 3am here now in Australia. I'd better get some sleep soon as I'm done blogging.
Okay, enough with my family photos and sharing. I don't want you to think that I'm taking advantage of the situation here. hahaha! Anyway, I'm excited to share with you this card that I made for the FS101 over Splitcoast. This is my 2nd participation for FS challenge and I'm so liking it!

This weeks Featured Stamper is JayDeKay. I really enjoyed browsing on her gallery and so I chose her "A Heart For You" card to case. Here's my card:


I changed the papers, colours and other embellishments but maintained Tilda (although a different image of her) and the lay-out. I'm not actually into floral papers but soon as I saw my DCWV Floral Paper stack, an idea came into my mind. So, I went out of my comfort zone, used the paper and here's the outcome. I took all the colours of the other papers and Tilda's from the dp that I used. I embossed my unknown blue cs with the Fiskars texture plates ran through my Cuttlebug. I stamped my sentiment onto the blue cs as well and mat it onto Tablex white cs.

This is also the first time I used white cs for matting and it looks neat! I finished off the card by sponging a bit of Pumpkin Spice Ink (by Dew Drop) onto the edges of the sentiment's mat and put an organdy ribbon on the middle panel.

Thanks for looking and may your day be blessed!


lovelots,






Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Oh your boys are so cute and both look equally excited! My nephew used to love Thomas the tank Engine too. Hope you all had a super day out - thank you for sharing it with us...

    I also love your card - lovely bright colours and a great layout!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin