Pages

05 November 2011

Pink and Green Christmas



Happy Saturday everyone! I really wanted to post this yesterday but didn't get the chance to do so. This is my Justrite Christmas Linky Party Card #2 -- Pink and Green Christmas!! I'm also entering this to this week's Free For All Challenge (F4A88) over SCS.



The stamps that I used here are from 2 different Justrite stamp sets. The center is from the Sweet Treats set and the border is from the Christmas Treasures set.  The gorgeous pink dp isn't actually Christmas-related but made it work here, LOL!  It's actually from DCWV Sweet Stack.



The 2 green flowery-starry thing, or whatever you may call it shouldn't actually be there (the sparkly ones on left and right) but I made a bit of a boo boo here that's why they had to be there. LOL!  Everything's adhered and done when I noticed a small patch of green ink on the right side of the dp and the base itself (if you'll take a look closely, you can see the one on the base). To correct the accident, I sponged lightly on the card base and it looked naturally after that. But on the dp itself --- wow! I've really got to find a way to rectify that.  That's where these 2 green flowery things came to the rescue. If you have the Lacy Circles (which I used to mat my biggest circle here), then you know that there will be small leftovers of  cardstock on the die (on the scallops itself) which look like a grain of rice.  I adhered those to a circle double-adhesive pop dots then sprinkled it with MS Glitter + Stickles Star Dust to conceal the gaps.  The gaps are still obvious though but I just look at it as some kind of a "style". And that rectified  my problem!!!! I'm a genius! LOL!!

Here's a close-up of my focal image:




Thanks for visiting and for following my blog. I'll be working on my Card #3 this afternoon and hopefully will be able to post it, too. For the meantime, it's house chores for me! :)

Have a blessed Saturday!

Jhet
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin