Pages

25 June 2010

HOSPITALITY {THANK YOU}

It's Friday and let's thank God for blessing us with one!  The Bible say it's a great thing to thank the Lord,  and that we must give thanks in all circumstances to God the Father through our Lord Jesus Christ!  Let us remember all the time that there is always, always, ALWAYS something to be thankful for.  And these two cards that I'm about to share to you are thank you-themed. :)

PERFECTLY PAISLEY THANK YOU

I wasn't too much aware that I've neglected this beauty - the Cuttlebug Perfectly Paisley embossing folder.  I must admit, IMHO, the first batch of Cuttlebug embossing folders that came out were the ones that were really eye-catching and the designs are all fab.  I don't know about you but that's just my opinion.  And since I have almost all of the first release, I thought of making cards, this time, highlighting  the embossing beauty of these folders.  For today, I used Perfectly Paisely for my thank you card.

I coloured the embossed parts with my Creative Collage Chalks in Pastel.  I really like how it turned out! So soft and subtle-looking! I cut the white cs first using the Mega Curved Rectangles (Spellbinders) then embossed it afterwards.  I wanted it to be simple and to highlight the embossing that's why I only added a pine branch (cut using McGill punch on an Old Olive cs) and a Hydrangea flower from Prima.  I then sprayed all over it with my Glimmer Mist Pearl.  You can see it closely on the photo below.

The sentiment were stamps from CC Designs Amy R Thank You sentiments and the words "for your hospitality" were made using my JustRite Stampers Small Letter set.  I just used my Stamp A-Majig for the stamp placement.  I then cut it with a smaller size of the Mega Curved Rectangle and chalked around it while still inside the die.

A churchmate of mine actually asked me to make her a Thank You card for the hospitality shown to her by a family friend.  So, I decided to make two  cards not only that she can choose between the two but also I can have one on my stash in case I'll be needing it in the future.

I was aiming for a card with a "house image" on it but unfortunately, I don't have a stamp with a house image. So, I digged on my dp stash (LOL!) and found this one from Fancy Pants (Kraft Kuts) called "Home". And then I just stamped my sentiment onto white cs, cut with Circle Nesties and matted onto Scalloped Circle Nesties.



I sponged around the sentiment using my pastel chalk then sprayed Glimmer Mist Pearl on it afterwards.  Before adhering the sentiment to the card, I used a yellowish satin ribbon for embellishement. Short, simple and sweet!

Here's another shot:




Thank you once again for visiting my blog and I want you to know that I do really appreciate it.  May God's blessings and guidance be upon us always!

(And remember to thank GOD for everything!) :)

Jhet

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin