Pages

13 February 2011

LOVING WITH ACTIONS AND TRUTH (SSCC75)

Happy Sunday everyone! Well, this is a scheduled post as I don't normally sit and post on Sunday mornings. Our Sunday mornings are spent just being together (the family), and preparing ourselves for the Sunday Service in the afternoon.  We really set aside that day for communing with God, celebrating His goodness and love and fellowshipping with our brothers and sisters in Christ.

On to the card, this is for SSCC75 challenge - based on 1 John 3:18 which speaks about loving others not only with words or tongue but with actions and truth.  The challenge is actually to make a card or project, wtihout any sentiment or words at the front, and yet signifies L♥VE.

And this is my take:


The name of the stamp is "a kiss for Chloe" by Sarah Kay. I think I bought this stamp a month ago and I've inked it up just now as it seems just right for the challenge. I haven't been colouring with Copics for awhile now that's why my hand was shaking (like it's my first time to colour) and I wasn't sure if I was making the right colour blending. LOL!! And I also found out that I'm already running out of E00 which I frequently use for colouring skin.  I guess it's time to call SAMMI's attention. (Hi Sam! **waving at you!**)  I normally order my Copics from her because aside from the fact that we're suburb neighbours, her Copics are cheaper compared to other shops. So if you wanna try, visit Mad for Markers and you'll find heaps of Copics in stock. :)

I just made this card pretty simple. After colouring the image, I then cut it out. I sponged Sahara Sand for the ground and made some grass wisps and pebbles using both Copics and SU! markers. I don't know how it happened but I noticed that there was some blue ink bleeding on the boy's left hand. :( I then sponged Broken China for sky then adhered my image. The green background was embossed using Cuttlebug Heartblocks and the lovely dp (where I took my colours from for my image) is from EK  Success (Stacy Claire Boyd). Finished it off with Kaiser pearls Chino at the bottom right part.

Thanks for the visit and have a lovely Sunday!

God bless!

Jhet

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness this is adorable!!! I love your image... perfect for the challenge and colored to perfection!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! *wavingback*
    This is gorgeous and glad that now you have some nice full markers!!
    Sammi
    xxx
    PS Hope church was encouraging!

    ReplyDelete

♥ would love to hear from you ♥

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin